16 November 2010

Reading..

I love reading.
Even if this means that according to research I should have problems recognizing faces.
Which I don't.
So maybe I don't read enough ;-)

I can't have enough books in my life.
My reading list is about a mile long already, with
I Shall Wear Midnight right at the top.
But I wait until I get the fan's jacket edition - because my face is on there somewhere as well.

I read through a lot of genres and this is more for me than for you, so skip if you don't want to see my wish list of books

Magick Charm
I love New Orleans and jazz, quirky is one of my middle names and this seems to be a nice "curl up with coffee or tea, cats and blanket" kind of book

Vicious Grace
I read the first two of the series, they are responsible for rekindling my love for jazzy New Orleans and its history. Yes, history. You have to understand the history!

Pale Demon
I love the series! By February I should have tackled some books on my wish list already, so yeah, more Hollows!

Anglo-Saxon, Celtic and Viking embroidery
I have saxon and possibly viking blood in me. Yes, we have lots of redheads in the family and I was one of then when I was born. Unfortunately, it faded to a dark ash blonde the older I got. My Dad has a copper red beard and ash blonde hair. My last name is the old low German word for acorn. The Saxon tribe we descend from on my father's side are the Angrivarii
It's not that easy to find pre-Christian details...My favourite time is around the 5th century. The more intriguing pieces in Engand date from the 7th century.
Picky, much? :-) After Charlemagne it gets boring around the continental Saxons.

I haven't done much embroidery in my life, but lately got intrigued. Do I have to tell you that I actually ordered this book?

There is so far only one upcoming movie I plan seeing - The Burlesque with Cher and Christina Aguilera. I have a soft spot for cliche movies...and old-fashioned burlesque, cabaret and theatre. Think the legendary KitKat club as depicted in my all time favourite Cabaret.
Lately, I have been on an 80s brat pack trip. Would you believe I've never seen 16 candles? I just recently caught up on Some kind of wonderful.

I'm easily entertained ;-)

No comments: