10 November 2010

Even more autumn and the wheel turned

My my, it's been a while again...

It's got really autumn-y here lately.

Nebel

Nebel

This was taken on the morning after Samhain and it couldn't have been a better reflection of the time of year in the wheel. A very thin veil indeed.
Perfect day to spend at the dentist...and have an old bridge removed :-(

Luckily I have the new one already and can chew and bite again!

On the knitting side I make progress - if I have the chance to.
I get occasionally blocked by a certain someone...

This is why I don't make progress

But I'm on the first sleeve of the cardigan and the back of the tunica is completely done with me currently at the last part of the front. Then again sleeves.

I participated in my first ever swap on Ravelry. I don't think you would be surprised if it was one organized by the Caffeine Addicts group, wouldn't you?

Ravelry Caffeine Addicts Swap

Aren't the socks just gorgeous? I have stopped knitting socks aeons ago...I can't stand them! On the needles, that is. On the feet it's an entirely different story :-)

What else has happened?
Oh, yes, October saw us having our 10th wedding anniversary. Still happy :-)
We got front row tickets for Cirque Du Soleil on Samhain and thoroughly enjoyed their show Totem. Words cannot describe the open mouth chin-meets-knee cap time we spent watching whirlwinds of acrobats beating the odds of gravity.

Shortly before that a dream turned into a personal nightmare. No further details, but I had to take a brave and frighting decision. Which I did - and it was and still is the best decision I could have taken for my sake. I'm letting this float through me, I have to accept what is coming and so far I'm actually blooming. I have gotten things done that were long overdue and it feels damn good. Needless to say that the hubby is happy as well and enjoys the benefits ;-)

A lot of "out with the old, in with the new". And now the wheel turned :-)

Talking about wheel - I am contemplating getting myself a spinning wheel. Now I just have to find one that is a. suitable for beginners and b. looks decent.
I looked at Louet wheels and I don't find them visually appealing. The Ashford Kiwi looks better, but still "too modern" for my liking. But it would make a good learning wheel.
I don't want to travel with the wheel, I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to my crafts. If I want to travel with my spinning I take one of my beloved tolls with me.

And now I'm going to return to my favourite past time - listening to Sherlock Holmes audiobooks and taking advantage of Silly sleeping in the chair, so sleeve, here I come

No comments: