I never made New Year resolutions before.
Since so much has changed in my life I think I can change that habit as well and see how it works out for me. If I don't like it then I don't have to repeat it next year, right?
So, here we go, my resolutions for 2011:
- don't grow out my hair. Been there, done that - and it just makes me look older. So stop that nonsense already.
- get new glasses. I think I need to get my eyes checked out. It's an age thing, but I might need reading glasses. Switching from long distance to short dinstance in an instance is getting...interesting. And I would like less obvious frames since I'm such a colourful and loud person already.
- Use up my Donegal yarn that resides in my stash since 2004. I have about 6 or 7 balls left - so, go, find a pattern and get going, girl!
- Fix my bike! Or get it fixed, since I wasn't able to find the problem... And then use bike more often...helps with another goal as well ;-)
- Finish the small toilet. It needs a mirror and some decoration and should be good to go.
- Finish the kitchen. It needs a shelf for coffee and tea, and that is exactly the problem. I can't find the style I like and need to do more research. Ikea is not an option.
- Use up most of the yarn in my stash. Should be good for a couple of summer tanks, more sweaters and a couple of shawls.
- Loose weight. No, seriously - loose weight! That should actually be at the top!
- Keep on spinning. Learn new techniques!
- Look for a part time job.
- Visit Flachsmarkt in Germany for the first time since aeons.
- Get second tattoo. Design is ready, so go and make appointment.
- Go and see more Folk concerts. I'm a folkie, a political one at that and I would love to see the Oysterband and Show of Hands. Preferably at The Big Session, but that is a bit unrealistic, also because I don't even know if the latter will play at the Big Session. So I keep it simply at more folk concerts.
- Plant veggies on balcony!
- Think local and sesional when shopping.
- Spend less time online.
That's about it. I will still drink too much coffee and tea and still be around here, but I want to shift my focus to life and not virtual dreams.
With this said - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!