23 June 2011

Spinning: Down to the core

It's 10 o'clock and all is well :-)

Waiting for the postman to arrive, eventually, with hopefully two parcels for yours truly.
One containing the latest member of this household, a lady named Joy. She will be accompanied by a freedom flyer.
Which makes her an Ashcroft spinning wheel :-) Bet you didn't see this one coming.

The other parcel contains more than a kilo of roving, fleece and locks. Hey, I have to practise!

And practise I did! This time corespinning. What an adventure!
Not my strongest point yet, but it's fun. I haven't found the best thread to use yet, I would like some fishing stuff or weaving thread, but I don't have any of that around, so I got me some white crochet thread.
Which I have plenty of.
I don't even like white.
It's been a gift from a lady who had to stop crafting when age made it impossible to see and move hands. She thought it's in good hands with me - and I will try and honour that.

So, what did I do?

1st corespun

Not enough for anything. But very colourful!

Wait!, I thought, I know exactly what to do!

Once upon the time I had bought this beauty of a brooch, which didn't get enough outing.

So, on went the creative mind and the hands followed:

Corespun necklace

And it's been worn to the local bee market in a neighbouring city, where it got some attention - we went knitting in public and in public transport together :-)

Does this need words?

Knitting-wise I have taken on the challenge to finish as many WIPs and UFOs until the 22nd of July as I possibly can. Not that I don't have any lying around here :-)

If just the thread of stunning new projects wasn't so...alluring....

I just got notification that my copy of Knit, Swirl shipped from the US.
So many stunning designs and I'm looking forward to incorporate some stunning art yarn as well.

Also shipping is a copy of The Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook.

Some yarn dyeing went on and some carding, too! But I leave those tales for another time!

And no, still no postman :-(

No comments: