13 July 2011

Spinning: Camp Pluckyfluff

I think I still pull strange fibres out of everywhere :-)

Two days of intensive spinning, many new techniques, wonderful new acquaintances.
So many spinners, so many different areas of interest. Technical spinners, crazy wild spinners, new spinners, old spinners.

To sum it up in words is difficult. I could tell you that we covered coils, granny stacks, corespun, adding objects into spinning, spinning around an elastic core, spinning clouds around a core, tailspinning, coreless spinning, navajo plying....

One thing I took away from this is that there is no right or wrong way of spinning, just personal and unique ways.

I leave you with many pictures, how about that?

The classroom on the first day, very early:

P1070804

Crazy Carding:

Camp Pluckyfluff - Crazy Carding

Lexi explaining sandwiches:

Camp Pluckyfluff - Crazy Carding

Her finished batt out of one colour she would never spin with (purple) and filled up with some random drawn colours and her favoured colours:

Camp Pluckyfluff - Crazy Carding

Impression of expression:

Camp Pluckyfluff - Crazy Carding

Wild carding

The classroom table:

Camp Pluckyfluff - Artyarn galore

Camp Pluckyfluff - Artyarn galore

Cloud spinning over a hideous 90s acrylic novelty yarn:

Overspun novely yarn

My brain in the making:

My brain

And done:

Finished brain

Anyone want to interpret that?
Sort of corespun around elastic thread, including:
- locks
- shredded newspaper
- big and small felted blobs
- feathers
- bells
- sari silk
- roving
- Angelina
- Firestar
- Lurex thread
- blue beads

Collection of brains and hearts:

Collection of brains and hearts

If you want to widen your horizon and have the chance - take a class with Pluckyfluff! She is tons of fun and knowledge and helped many of us with our respective wheels, brake bands, tensions....

I carded and spun - though not crazy - a batt last night for a hat. Was a bit strange not to add anything into it, but I applied some crazy batting ideas (like taking a colour I would normally not spin with) and the endresult is nice! But more on that later - I have some bad weather knitting to do today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! I would love to go to Camp Pluckyfluff. I have one of her books, which is is a good compromise.

Looks like you made some wild yarns!

LadyRamone said...

Hey, by searching for yarn-brains I found you! We know each other from the camp Pluckyfluff in Dordrecht.
I was spinning the gothic-hippie-heart just opposite of you.

Viele Grüße, mel