16 August 2011

Knitting: I surely love a good mystery

pattern that is!

Summer is still not really playing along. Though yesterday and today we can actually enjoy a dry and sometimes even sunny intermission.

So I mystery-knitted-along.
A shawl.

Pattern is still and will always be by MiA.

Yarn: Chasing Clouds Sockyarn, 420m, Colour "Donnerwetter" (Thundery Weather) Perfect for a pattern that starts with the Norse translation of Kiss Me :-)
Needle: 4mm
Started 05.08. and finished 15.08.
I could have blocked it harder, but for now it's perfect as it is :-)
Will be worn to the Viking Fair I'm attending later this month.

Here it is:

Still a hank:

Chasing Clouds - Donnerwetter

After the second clue:


Kysmik Donar

Finished:

Kysmik Donar Kysmik Donar

Kysmik Donar

On the wheel right now are several things:

An unwashed fleece I got gifted. The sheep haven't been shorn for two years and most of the fleeces are totally felted and seriously dry. If you try to seperate it it tears like paper - including the sound. But - I don't give up that easily and so far I have managed to get the first 90 meters spun:

Spinning unwashed fleece

Also on the wheel:

On the wheel On the wheel

No idea yet what it is going to become. I'm thinking part of a cropped cardigan.

Emma is holding the Gotland still. I'm almost done with it, one more bobbin, me thinks. Then I need to set the twist, ball it up and start working.

I have also finished Kermit & Miss Piggy:

Cowl, knitted in the round.
Pattern: my own
Needles: 5,5mm


Kermit & Miss Piggy

I'm also designing a shawl pattern right now. This is where I spend most of my time right now. Nothing overly complicated, but a fun design. And I have the feeling I got bitten by the design bug :-) I already have two more ideas.




No comments: