27 September 2011

Life: I am a fan girl - Doctor Who Experience, London

We went to London for a long weekend, to celebrate my brother-in-law's 50th birthday.

While we were there we took the opportunity to go and see the Doctor Who Experience.
You see, my husband is already a fan of this series since about 500BC - no, seriously, since the early 70s. His favourite Doctor is the Fourth Doctor. You do the math ;-)

I only got in with the Tenth Doctor. I tried the Ninth, but it was not meant to be.
Now, the Tenth Doctor, that was a completely different story. A geek with glasses and a suit, travelling in a box that is bigger on the inside - yes, I could get addicted to that.
The Eleventh Doctor sealed my fate! Serious fan girl stuff! Bow ties are cool!

So, we flew the Tardis, fought off Daleks, got the Doctor out and on his way again. All in between shopping ;-)

So, here are some snapshots:

Scarf Action, part 1:

Doctor Who Experience London

How to dress to impress:

Doctor Who Experience London

Doctor Who Experience London

Doctor Who Experience London

Doctor Who Experience London

Idris - and the details of the make-shift Tardis are amazing! A shaving mirror, a shower head, a cassette tape recorder...

Doctor Who Experience London

More scarf action:

Doctor Who Experience London

Daleks!!!

Doctor Who Experience London

Doctor Who Experience London

Doctor Who Experience London

Do they really work in offices like this? If yes, why did I always get told off for my desk????

Doctor Who Experience London

Doctor Who Experience London

I leave you with Silence:

Doctor Who Experience London

No comments: