29 October 2011

Life and knitting: Craft Fairs

Craft Fairs...I love them and I loathe them :-)
But mainly I love them!

Yesterday saw me venturing out to the Dutch Craft Fair held in Rotterdam, accompanied by my good friend and fellow knit-spinner Shaby.
Another woman who is not afraid of texture and colours.

Here she is, exchanging knitting secrets with a wonderful gentleman!

Sharing secrets

You should see his socks!

Socks

And this is my loot:

The loot


So, what do we have, from the bottom row up:

Part of a 1kg undyed hank of yarn, courtesy of Bart Francis. I'm contemplating how to dye this. Probably I will not kettle-dye, but paint it. And this one's mine!

5 packs of Sari Silk Fibers, three packs Polylux Fibers in Metallic and one pack each of Polylux Fibers in very colourful and Mulberry Silk in natural. I'm looking forward to card and spin this

And the top row consists of three balls of Grignasco Loden, courtesy of Astrid's Dutch Obsession. I really have to visit her shop in Zwolle!


There were barely any art yarn, roving or spinning related stalls. I loved that I could get some yarns that are usually hard to get hold off (Koigu - which I didn't get...yet), but only very little buttons, one booth with roving and cones, none with batts (other than the Landelijke Spingroep, who lured me into their wide open arms.

So - I think I will have to go there next year with my own produce and set up a stall. I don't know how yet, but it's a goal and I love the idea.

I also ordered some wonderful buttons - aren't they gorgeous?

Buttons!

The yarn in the picture is a 90's acrylic abomination unto Nuggan plied with some handspun BFL Humbug.
They look good together and will make a nice scarf or cowl. Especially in combination with the buttons.

And I still have a lot more yarn and a pattern to photograph! But I'm going to start with more coffee and some breakfast, what do you think?

No comments: