26 July 2008

Ravelry - warming up phase

I still don't - and never will - agree with the way the Chinese officials are handling matters in China (the Tibet question as only one example) and chances are high that I will boycott the games by not watching, but that doesn't stop me of participating in the Ravelympics over at Ravelry.
I chose to support the Scottish team as a local team wasn't identifiable and will participate in the Scarfstroke.
There were certain qualifications for selecting a project - being challenging, having the yarn available (destash, darling, destash) and the project itself being movable (knitting in public!).
During the games I have to work full time, back up a colleague, have a week of on call duty and a weekend I have to work as well.
My project for Scarfstroke will be the Shetland Shimmer Scarf, knitted in Schachenmayr Regia Bamboo Colour 1065. The only thing I ordered were my first ever stitch markers that are not paper clips ;-) As soon as they arrive the team will get ready for the fun.

Summer is still here, and so is the stomach flu. Therefore I'm confined to the insides, with audiobooks and knitting, but the windows are wide open and there is a nice breeze floating through the rooms.

No comments: